POSITION SUMMARY: Providing technical expertise and training necessary to ensure that Airefco customer VRF and Ductless products are properly installed and serviced. Provide Start-Up Assistance on sold VRF projects and after-sales service support.
- Provide technical support on all VRF and Ductless equipment and parts to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for in-house and field reworks and equipment modification supervision.
- Provide training and/or individual counseling with Dealer Principles and personnel in the areas needed to improve their performance to meet acceptable standards.
- Providing customer technical support and problem solving for specific customer applications, including visiting job sites.
- Negotiate customer concessions with Carrier.
- Provide customer complaint resolution. This includes Siebel complaints filed with Carrier.
- Provide warranty department support.
- Ensure that all documentation is complete and entered into the computer and Carrier based systems such as Service Bench.
- Work with other Airefco Service Managers in providing the highest level of tech support excellence assisting all Airefco Service Managers with Ductless Specific needs.
- Work with VRF and Ductless Team and Customers to handle all VRF Specific Service Needs
- Maintain Records for all VRF Projects Start up Reports in Archives
- Keep Current on all VRF and Ductless Products through continued training.
- Willingness to travel throughout entire Airefco Sales Territory to support VRF Specific Start-Up Needs, as well as support Airefco Service Managers Ductless Specific Needs
- Assist Airefco TM’s and VRF and Ductless Team in Customer Conversion Trainings when requested.
- Maintain Proficiency with all Relative Tools, and Software for VRF and Ductless Products, including service, and design/application software.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Position mandates a high percentage of overnight travel for both planned and emergency visits. Expected percentage of overnight travel 30-50%
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years VRF and Ductless work experience (five years Ductless experience without technical degree).
- Demonstrated teaching ability. Must be able to develop classes and present to participants.
- Strong listening, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong telephone skills with the ability to troubleshoot and guide technician in the field.
- Experience with MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Solid decision making skills.