- Developing an annual business plan that will achieve assigned annual parts and supplies sales targets.
- Developing & maintaining a daily sales call schedule that responsibly allows regular outside sales calls to appropriate customers and maintains a customer data base & self-generated information.
- Follow up on orders and price quotations.
- Prospecting, adding, & developing new quality customers to grow company sales and improve market share.
- Attending all company meetings, training events and functions as assigned.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account pricing at profitable levels for all customers while communicating pricing changes to customers in a timely manner.
- Following sales procedures and policies as established by the company. Act as liaison between the customer and the company.
- Monitoring customer credit status and working with the Credit Manager to keep all assigned accounts current.
- Planning and executing assigned tasks effectively & meeting all deadlines.
- Responsible for learning, supporting, & selling SMARTPARTS program by assigned deadlines and monitoring participation in the program during the year supplying feedback to the Regional Manager and Marketing Department.
- Maintain the inventory at an appropriate level for the company's stocking customers.
- Responding timely to requests from all other departments offering information or solutions as appropriate.
- Scheduling self-time to learn new skills to improve efficiency and professionalism.
- Establishing a personal commitment to excellence.
- Working daily in a professional, safe, and efficient manner.
- Providing a professional image through grooming, communication, follow-up, enthusiasm, commitment, and demeanor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or five years outside sales experience
- Seven years of HVACR distribution experience.
- Proven decision making skills
- Strong verbal, written analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and able to organize and prioritize work and manage to schedules.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.