- Developing an annual business plan that will achieve assigned annual equipment and supplies sales targets.
- Developing & maintaining a daily sales call schedule that responsibly allows regular outside sales calls to appropriate customers and maintains a customer data base & self-generated information.
- Prospecting, adding, & developing new quality customers to grow company sales and improve market share.
- Attending all company meetings, training events and functions as assigned.
- Providing job quotes reflecting a profit, obtaining competitive bid information, and communicating with the Regional Manager on pricing activities.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date dealer/customer account pricing at profitable levels for all customers while communicating pricing changes to dealers/customers in a timely manner.
- Following sales procedures and policies as established by the company.
- Monitoring customer credit status and working with the Credit Manager to keep all assigned accounts current.
- Planning and executing assigned tasks effectively & meeting all deadlines.
- Responsible for learning, supporting, & selling Dealer Programs by assigned deadlines and monitoring dealer participation in the programs during the year supplying feedback to the Regional Manager and Marketing Department.
- Responsible for working with dealers and their builders in the Midsize Builder Programs to gain market share as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Maintaining a high level of product knowledge & training dealers/customers in areas of specifying, selling, basic installation, and basic service diagnostics.
- Addressing dealer and equipment problems & immediately resolving the issues at the protection of the company while being fair to all.
- Communicating all factory, product and company information in a timely manner to all customers and dealers.
- Maintaining a current contact list of all pertinent customer information of current and past accounts.
- Administering the current coop program working with dealers to stay compliant and processing their claims accurately and promptly.
- Administering the current warranty program, teaching online processing, & working with dealers to be proficient in processing claims and returning appropriate defective parts to the factory.
- Assisting company & local managers in areas of resolving technical and delivery problems.
- Responding timely to requests from all other departments offering information or solutions as appropriate.
- Scheduling self time to learn new skills to improve efficiency and professionalism
- Establishing a personal commitment to excellence.
- Working daily in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
- Providing a professional image through grooming, communication, follow-up, enthusiasm, commitment and demeanor.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Four-year college degree in sales, marketing, or engineering—or five-year successful industry related outside sales experience.
- Strong listening, verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet established deadlines.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint